Frequently Asked Questions
We know there's a lot to consider and many questions to be answered. Below you will find the most common questions broken down by category. If you can't find the specific answer or detail you are looking for, please contact us. We look forward to answering your questions.
- 1Can TribeVita Templates work on other hosting environments?
No. Our templates have been pre-integrated into Adobe Business Catalyst and therefore require Adobe Business Catalyst to function. The only way to work with our templates is to host the site through a Business Catalyst Partner on one of Adobe's Data Centers.
- 2Do you offer templates on other Platforms (CMS)?
No. TribeVita is 100% focused around the Adobe Business Catalyst platform.
- 3I’m already a BC Partner, how does hosting work?
If you are already a Business Catalyst Partner, once you make your purchase a member of our customer service team will assist you with moving the template to your partner portal. You will receive a notification from our team within 24 hours to confirm your purchase and begin the migration process. Exact instructions will be provided to you at that time. There is nothing you need to do once you make the purchase as our team will assist you all the way. It may take upwards of 48-72 hours to move your website to your partner portal. Likewise, if the purchase happens over a weekend, it may take longer as we depend on Adobe to assist with the transfer and they have limited availability over the weekend.
If you're considering becoming a Business Catalyst Partner, let us know. We can provide you with a very deep discount off of your Business Catalyst Partnership. Likewise, if you become a Business Catalyst Partner under us, we will give you a $200 gift voucher on your first TribeVita purchase.
- 4What hosting plan should I choose for the template?
Depending on which template you purchase, you have a couple of choices. If your template has web apps (standard and eCommerce), you should choose the webCommerce plan. For the minis, you could choose webMarketing plan or webCommerce. For more information, please review Adobe's Plan Breakdown.
- 5What if I'm not an Adobe Business Catalyst partner? How does hosting work?
If you're not a BC partner, that's no problem. SimpleFlame, the company behind TribeVita, can host your template for you. Likewise, if you have a Business Catalyst partner that you would prefer to work with, you can request the template be moved to their care. Merely indicate your needs in the area on the checkout page and one of our customer service staff members will assist you.
- 6What is a TribeVita BC Ready-to-Go Template?
Our templates are specifically engineered to be hosted on the Adobe BC platform. The XHTML and CSS architecture is pre-configured and wired into Adobe BC already. Considerations for any modules such as dynamic menus, template pages, content holders, blog, web apps, web forms, and in some cases, e-commerce, are all ready for content/product population.
- 7What is Adobe Business Catalyst?
Adobe Business Catalyst is an all-in-one integrated CMS platform that is SAS (software as a service) based. It was designed with creating web businesses online and combines many key functionalities that all serious online strategies require such as: Content Management, Turn-Key E-commerce, Customer Database, Built-In Email Marketing, Reporting and Analytics.
Pre Purchase Questions
- 1How does the payment process work?
When you are ready, you will add the template and any add-ons to your cart. Once your cart is ready, you can simply check out and complete the registration/purchasing process.
- 2Why are some templates are offered at Multiple Levels, each at different price points?
TribeVita now offers Multi-Level template offerings to provide our customers the most flexible options. These different price points include:
- Mini for $250 - includes the most basic integration with great design and can be supported on the lowest hosting plan
- Standard for $500 - $1000 - includes standard integration with pre-integrated modules and web apps. Most host on the Pro Plan.
- E-commerce for $1500 - has e-commerce functionality ready for online business.
- For further information on pricing and the different level template offerings, visit our pricing page
- 3Which payment types are accepted?
We accept all major credit cards. The currency for templates is in US dollars.
- 4Can I purchase only the PSD files for a TribeVita template?
Absolutely! For $99, you will receive the homepage and inner page PSD files. If there is both a Standard and Ecommerce version, you will receive both versions of the homepage. There are no mini homepage PSD files for purchase.
To buy the files, simply choose your favorite template, and on the product detail page, choose the “PSDs Only” option in the drop down list with “mini”, “standard”, or “ecommerce”. http://screencast.com/t/tETaV0tsQR Then add to your cart.
And when you are ready to buy the template, contact us by phone or through our contact form for a $99 credit code to purchase that template.
- 5What data center will my template reside on?
It depends on which data center you choose at the time of adding the template to your cart. TribeVita will not deploy a template to each of the three Business Catalyst data centers upon purchase, unless you specifically choose the "deploy to all 3 data centers" option. Business Catalyst does have plans to develop functionality that will allow templates to be transferred across data centers, but that is not currently available. In order to utilize this template on a different data center, you'll need to re-build the template on the new data center or purchase a new license of that template and have it deployed to the new data center.
- 6What is the purchase process?
Once you purchase your template, you will instantaneously have full access to the PSD files as well as a full backup to your template located in your “My Account” area.
Within 24-48 hours, a TribeVita team member will place a fully functioning version of that template in your portal under your Trial Sites area.
This time-frame maybe a bit longer if you are a requesting a newer template that has not yet been built on the European or Australian database.
No action is required on your end to FTP the site. In fact, please let us do everything for you so you get the quality you purchased.
TribeVita Template Questions
- 1Are templates cross browser compatible?
Yes. We understand and have carefully considered the programming for every single template and they are compatible with the major browsers and latest versions. We support for IE6 in some templates, but have chosen to drop support moving forward with all new templates now that usage is below a reasonable threshold. We encourage you to perform your own research using the Preview link on each template before making your purchase.
- 2I have an existing BC site. Can I use one of your BC templates as a replacement?
Unfortunately, the short answer is “no” since each site is considered a unique instance in Business Catalyst. But you do have a couple of options:
- You can delete the hosted account that you have now and upgrade the new one to replace it. Because you will forfeit all hosting fees that you have already paid (and these will not be refunded) you should wait until you are as close to the hosting reoccurrence date as possible. By choosing this option you will be forfeiting all orders, data, and customer information. It will be a complete delete. We do not recommend you choose this option.
- The template can be rebuilt inside of your current website. This does require skills of an experienced BC developer. If this is something you are interested in doing, please make contact with us at TribeVita, providing as much information as you can regarding your website so that we can look into quoting this work for you.
For more information, please look at "Migrating an existing site to another site" from Adobe.
- 3I noticed your mobile versions don’t have eCommerce capabilities. Why is this?
- 4If I purchase a template at a Mini or Standard level, can I upgrade it at a later date?
The answer is yes. However, upgrading will only allow all FUTURE sites to be built with the upgraded/eCommerce modules function.
In order to arrange this, you must first connect with us through our contact form for this request. Simply pay the difference and you can upgrade to the next level of the same template, provided it is available on TribeVita.com.
- 5If TribeVita makes upgrades to a template I purchased, will I have to re-purchase it?
No, if we make upgrades to any of our templates, we will automatically redeploy the latest version to your portal. We will let you know in advance which templates the upgrade affected and let you know any necessary steps to take.
- 6What does the template come with?
In the My Downloads section of this website you'll find a download link that will provide the Adobe Photoshop Layered PSD files, which are included with all templates to assist you with any re-skinning and modifications. Likewise, this download will include a full backup of the template in case you run into any formatting errors as you are making updates to your template.
The different level templates come with different assets. The breakdown is as follows:
- Mini: 2 Photoshop source files (homepage + innerpage) with complete site back up
- Standard: 5 Photoshop source files, including an HTML email and a complete backup of the site
- E-Commerce: 10+ Photoshop source files, including the e-commerce design files along with a complete site back up
- 7What if I have questions regarding my template?
Please reach out through the contact form with your template name and question. We will do our best to assist you as soon as possible.
- 8What is re-skinning and what advantage is there to having TribeVita handle this?
Re-skinning is changing the look and feel of the website while keeping the core architecture the same. Consider it a mask. For interested parties that lack time or have no interest in design modifications, our dedicated design team is ready to assist with this process. Click here, for more information.
- 1Are there any licensing restrictions?
We do not allow the following activities with purchased template licenses:
- Although we allow and encourage you to sell these template solutions to your customers, we do not allow ANY resale or re-purpose of these templates, code, design, images, etc under any circumstance. This includes, but is not limited to, partner websites, online business builder, 30 day free trial, etc.
- We do not allow templates to be made publicly available via your partner portal online business builder, without TribeVita approval.
- We do not allow any direct selling, in any public or private way, the Business Catalyst partner community, prospects, etc
- 2Do you use any 3rd party stock photography or font providers?
Our templates may contain stock photography that is licensed under a 3rd party stock photography provider. Under our license agreement with 3rd party stock photography providers, we have the right to distribute said photography in our templates in a "concept" form. This means, if you choose to use the concept images included in the template on your final website deliverable, you must obtain a site or customer license to each individual image. We do not have the right to transfer the stock photography license in the sale of a template. This is illegal. Likewise, using the concept photography in the final, live website is also illegal.
Our templates may also use 3rd party font providers that require a license agreement or special account to use. It is your responsibility to obtain these licenses on behalf of your client or instruct your client obtain the licenses. We are in no way transferring any font licenses to your or your customer, as it is illegal.
- 3What are the licensing options?
Currently, we only offer one type of license, which we call a replication license. This license type allows you to replicate this template to be used on more than one website instance. This feature is available per the replication tool for Standard or Premium Business Catalyst Partners (View Pricing). Unlike other template websites, which offer you a per-site or full license (which allows you to do with the template what you please), we allow you to use your template on more than one website. No need to compensate us for each site you create, buy it once and use it multiple times, by utilizing the replication tool.
- 4What does replication mean?
If you are a Standard or Premium Business Catalyst Partner, you have the ability to replicate any website, per the replication tool, that exists inside your partner portal. We use this exact feature to create instances of templates for you before moving them to your partner portal. It's powerful! In a click of a button, you have the ability to replicate the website, features, design, etc of a specific website instance.